- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships. That is why they are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden, which is why so few people execute them. So few people can handle it.
- our idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to be yours alone. The more the idea is yours alone, the more freedom you have to do something really amazing.
- Doing anything worthwhile takes forever. Ninety percent of what separates successful people and failed people is time, effort, and stamina.
- Being good at anything is like figure skating the definition of being good at it is being able to make it look easy. But it never is easy. Ever.
- There will be a time in the beginning when you have to press on, alone, without one tenth the support you probably need. This is normal. This is to be expected.
- Nobody can tell you if what you’re doing is good, meaningful, or worthwhile. The more compelling the path, the more lonely it is.
- The more you practice your craft, the less you confuse worldly rewards with spiritual rewards, and vice versa. Even if your path never makes any money or furthers your career, that’s still worth a ton.
- The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do from what you are not.
- Just go with the flow and don’t worry about it. Especially don’t worry about the people who are worrying about it. They’ll just slow you down.
- No matter how meteoric your rise to the top [or not], you are still as beholden to the day-to-day realities as any living creature.
Monday, 5 May 2014
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
In economics and other social sciences, preference refers to the set of assumptions related to ordering some alternatives, based on the degree of happiness, satisfaction, gratification, enjoyment, or utility they provide, a process which results in an optimal "choice”. Although economists are usually not interested in choices or preferences in themselves, they are interested in the theory of choice because it serves as a background for empirical demand analysis.